Community Intake Officer (Temporary Position)
The Ghana Association of Hamilton Ontario is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated individual to assume the Community Intake Officer position which is a temporary position within the Association. The successful candidate will work under the leadership and direction of the Association’s Covid-19 Task Force for the purposes of disbursing Covid-19 approved funding.
HOW TO APPLY:
You may send your completed electronic application to the email address of the Association as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 31, 2020 at 12:00am.
NOTE: Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Below is the Job Description for the position being advertised.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Community Intake Officer
In this role and under the direction of the Hamilton Ghana Association Covid-19 Task Force, the selected candidate will administratively support the organization to effectively manage its allocation of Covid-19 Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF), starting with marketing the initiative; processing applications and approvals; distributing approved funding and the final reporting back.
Community Intake Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take full direction from the Covid-19 Task Force Leads for all activities
• Monitor, coordinate and communicate the strategic objective of the Association as it relates to the Covid-19 funding received, and as directed by the Task Force Leads
• Work with the Association’s Covid-19 Task Force to develop a greater understanding of the Fund distribution process and any issues that may arise
• Collect, analyze and utilize data for fund approvals based on eligibility criteria set by the Task Force Leads
• Manage all processes associated with the initiative, including marketing; processing applications; processing approvals; and creating reports to track all activities as directed by the Task Force
• Be the conduit between the Task Force and the Hamilton Ghanaian Community to proactively address Covid-19 funding issues that may arise
• Provide final electronic reports to the Task Force and the Association at the end of the initiative, on the complete fund disbursement process
• Act as a positive representative of the Association
Community Intake Officer Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• College/High School diploma or a combination of education and experience related to engaging with minority groups
• Demonstrated understanding of immigration and challenges faced by international students and overall cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of the Ghana community and sensitivity to the Ghana culture will be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of community leaders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong people skills plus good organizational, scheduling and time management skills
• Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
• Strong skills in Microsoft Programs to enable effective tracking of applications, approvals and issuance of funds to generate electronic reports as required
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
• A true leader who is driven and inspired